Followers

Friday, September 7, 2012

I will never stop fighting for the rights of others

 Hey y'all! Wanted to let you know that I have not given up nor will I ever on putting a stop to domestic violence. I am faced everyday with the reality though I am a survivor I still have to fight each day to pull myself out of the horrible cycle of self-doubt, feeling worthless, being afraid to stand up for myself. Yesterday I proved to be a strong woman who fought for what she believes in and it was all possible because of my super kids, great family and friends who have supported me. I am on a serious crusade to save as many women and children as is humanly possible, because I see the long term affect it has on all that survive and all who are around when things go down. It's sad to say, but the reality is at any time you can be brought back down to your knees by the same abuser or stumble onto another abuser. I do not wear rose colored glasses and I do not see the point in letting some one come along and ruin what I have so painstakingly worked for to be ripped from my grasp once more.

I do compromise on a lot of things, but one thing I will never back down on is the importance of educating all who are abused so that they can empower themselves to get out of a bad situation. It's also very important to protect the children that are in the middle of this tug of war and to continue to have a healthy outlook on life, life is so precious. I am not a negative woman, my glass is 3/4 full baby!

Everyday that God has blessed me with I am so grateful for and so happy to be alive and free, and also able to watch my kids grow up. I want to thank all of you who read this and all of you that have given me encouraging words to keep moving even when I was ready to crumble. Thank you so much for your love and support! Take care. God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment